Reiki is a form of energy medicine practice that was established in a scripted form for use in the modern age, first in Japan, by Dr. Usui. It is a complementary therapy considered and accepted by all faiths, practices, and modern medicine.
However, Reiki has been practiced for thousands of years in all cultures, in some way shape or form. It is something we naturally do, as empathetic humans. More commonly known as “laying hands”.
Reiki can assist in a wide range of areas including physical, mental, and emotional. As well as deeper issues of the soul, spirit, and etheric selves with additional variations. It does not require diagnosis, nor counseling to be recieved or practiced.
Reiki is something that anyone can perform with practice, upon one’s self or others. If interested, they should learn to do for themselves. It’s simple, yet takes dedication and applied practice within the traditional use, instruction, and application.
Reiki means “Universal Life Force” which is a widely accepted and associated term with prana, Holy Spirit, among other terms you may prefer over these. The base of the practice follows the Buddist philosophy. However, it’s simply an evolved way for us to participate within a single moment on focused healing of the body receiving Reiki.
International Associates of Reiki Professionals Definition: Reiki is a spiritual healing art with its roots in Japanese origin. The word Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy”. Reiki is not affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice. It is not massage nor is it based on belief or suggestion. It is a subtle and effective form of energy work using spiritually guided life force energy.
Reiki Wiki Definition: Reiki is a form of alternative medicine called energy healing. Reiki practitioners use a technique called palm healing or hands-on healing through which universal energy is said to be transferred through the palms of the practitioner to the patient in order to encourage emotional or physical healing
Traditional Principles of Usui Reiki
The secret art of inviting happiness– The founder of Reiki, Usui Mikao
The miraculous medicine of all diseases:
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
Laying Hands & Hand Positions
The Hands are hardwired connection circuits throughout the body and organs and can be used to balance our physical and mental states of being. Upon attunement to Reiki, there is a scientifically noted an increase in activity in the hands.
There are not only the 7 primary chakras or energetic centers there are at least 33 if not upwards of hundreds of mini centers of energy as well noted as acupressure points of reference.
The hand positions taught in Reiki were rigorously practiced and studied during its earliest days. We are now able to better understand why these hand positions are so effective. So to say, everybody is different and these adjustments are lead by intuition and experience of the practice of Reiki.
What it is not
- A religious practice or rite
- A dogma, or single university, or regulation, or hierarchy
A Blending of Japanese, Chinese, and Western Thought
Japanese Dr. Usui was gifted (enlightened) to the knowledge of Riki and channeled the understanding of it. Other initiates and friends developed a more Chinese medicine approach, through Madam Takata there was a spike in structure and rite of passage through ideal practice and symbols. It was the combination of the scientific metaphysical understanding of mental state, awareness, and spiritual practice that leads to a more complete understanding of Reiki.
What I believe Reiki is and how I present the sessions:
- With regular meditation and attention to my energetic systems, emotional wellness, and mindful awareness of compassion for all life you can focus your attention
- Quantum Theories suggest that the Observe creates reality and can affect changes to the From Mahat (Sanskrit). Means the Great Flux. Comes from the ... or form. By spending dedicated "Time; From Amit (Sanskrit), which means endless or immeasur... to induce a state of healing, the body relaxes and allows change to take place.
- Reiki Masters are highly aware of energy and it’s “flow” by being aware of the “flow” state of consciousness, entering a higher level of brain waves called Theta. This creative state of coherence is a higher vibrational state. The lower vibrations will oscillate to the higher frequencies, and begin to harmonize in that state. When Reiki is performed, the cells all attempt to come into this higher state of being. This can be very helpful for the DNA, physical body, immune system, and all other nervous systems.
- The experience of Reiki allows for a Placebo Moment of experience in which the receiver can choose to transform their lives with the additional energy, motivation, and effects provided by focused intention
- Sending and Receiving the Universal Energy that makes up all life around has to do with Energy. The energy that makes up all From Mahat (Sanskrit). Means the Great Flux. Comes from the ..., what we are, and what is outside of ourselves. Simply using your wide attention to collect and direct the energy into your field via the chakras to direct energy through you. The energy is then directed through the hands, and the body is healed. The energy travels intelligently to whatever it is needed to raise in vibration, or release negative energies, or enhance functions.
- Through states of compassionate intent, a form of prayer, the practice of Reiki is to help, heal, and attune to higher states of life for the self, and others. Keeping the focus throughout upon love, life, and light in all its colors, forms, sounds, and expressions from within and in the cosmic life of all.
- All Life is Energy, and within each Life, there is Energy in All Its Forms and Expressions
Read more about Reiki:
- International Associates of Reiki Professionals – IARP Organization
- International Center for Reiki Training
- Reiki Rays – Website
- Shimbumi International Reiki Association – Website
- Healing Hands Reiki & Spiritual Development Inc – Website Blog
Here is a list of other articles that further explore Reiki:
- Reiki: Transmissions of Light: The History and System of Usui Shiki Reiki Ryoho By Robert Fueston
- Everything you need to know about reiki from Medical News Today
- Center for Reiki Research
- Reiki Stories (from practitioners & clients) from Reiki.Org
- History of Reiki