Today we are exploring how our Meridians run through the Hands and Feet. I have always been interested in Palmistry but like Astrology, it hasn’t been given any scientific credit for what it implies.
Let’s tackle what energies we can attune to our hands before we move onto the entire body and our chakras in the following posts (listed at the bottom of this post).
We can really see the effects of our hands when we use them as tools – for everything.
Meridians that Run Through the Hand:
- Mars, Lung Meridian from the Thumb
- Jupiter, index finger, Large Intestines
- Saturn, middle finger, Circulation Meridian
- Sun, ring finger, Triple Warmer Meridian
- Mercury, pinky/small finger, Heart Meridian, Small Intestine
On the Foot, if we align the rulership to extend the toe extremities we get some other meridians:
- Kidney Meridian from the Wellspring, or center of the bottom of the foot
- Mars, Liver Meridian to the Spleen Meridian using the big toe
- Jupiter, Stomach Meridian from the 2nd toe
- Sun, middle toe Gallbladder Meridian
- Mercury, Bladder Meridian through the smallest toe
- Moon, Fluids the side/edges of the hand is ruled by the Water Elements: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Notice for a moment, the lines and curves that make up your Finger Print. Are these the energetic Circuits of your body moving through you? .. or are your finger prints just simply for “grip”…
The chakras related to emotional life is made manifest through the hands and our expression. This is quite interesting when you apply it to what Astrology and Palmistry indicate is going on in our physical body!
- FIRE, “LAM” | THUMB | Aries, the Thumb following down the outside of the hand into Libra | Lung Meridian
- AIR, “YAM” & “HAM” | INDEX |Aries, Taurus, Gemini (1-3) of the first index finger of Jupiter | Large Intestines
- SPACE, “OM” | MIDDLE | Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces (10-12) of the middle finger of Saturn | Circulation Meridian
- EARTH, “LAM: | RING | Cancer, Leo, Virgo (4-6) of the ring finger of Apollo/Sun and Uranus | Triple Warmer Meridian
- WATER, “VAM” | PINKY | Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius (7-9) of the pinky finger of Mercury, then Libra flowing down into all water signs of Scorpio, Cancer, and Pisces | Heart Meridian, Small Intestine
Mudras provide a unique way to combine the fingers in meditation to rebalance the energy meridians and thus, our chakras!
Mudras have been really helpful to me, as I work with my energy so consciously. I have learned the mudras that help me the most and to truly be able to bring my body and mind back into balance. To focus or to channel my energy forward.
This brings a whole new light to the Prayer Position of your Hands closed together. This brings a world of Harmony to the body and surges positive vibes through you, regardless of the mindset of the prayer being created within.
This is even more fun when we know which areas of the body that the energy is originating from (which we explore in-depth on this blog). Throughout the body, there are different energies from the zodiac archetypal signs. These match very well with other forms of medicine from the East, mixed with Western thought.
I mean to suggest in this post, the relevance of the mix of studies displayed here: Chinese Medicine, Reflexology and Acupuncture, Astrology, Alchemy, Hermetics, and Psychology. As a combined effort, we might be able to see how complex we really are, energetically speaking. That we run our physical bodies based on the energy of the world, our inner thoughts, and emotions, as they surge through our entire human network of Merdians and Chakras.
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a licensed physician. You should seek prompt medical care for any health issues and consult your doctor before using alternative medicine or making a change to your regimen